A juvenile gray seal entangled in fishing line and rope on the shore of East Beach on Chappaquiddick was rescued Monday by a team of rangers and natural resources officers.

Trustees of Reservations Islands director Sam Hart confirmed the rescue Tuesday, which was reported on the organization’s Facebook page.

The seal was discovered on an eastern shore at Cape Pogue at around 2 p.m. on Monday by staff members at the Trustees, including Cape Pogue beach supervisor Tom Zappala and two seasonal wildlife refuge rangers, Oliver Valdes and Hannah Bauriedel.

The seal, identified by Mr. Hart as a female pup, was found with multiple kinds of rope and a significant amount of fishing line caught around its neck and fin. A piece of a broken lobster trap was also caught in the knot of rope and fishing line around the seal, Mr. Hart said.

Led by Mr. Zappala, the three rangers, monitored the seal on the shoreline before beginning the rescue, ensuring that it did not swim away. The team was joined by Lieut. Matt Bass of the Massachusetts Environmental Police.

The rangers also contacted Ainslie Smith, a representative from NOAA (Nation Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration), who advised the team on the rescue.

Mr. Zappala and Mr. Bass carefully employed an array of tools, including rakes and poles, to free the seal from the mess of lines, Mr. Hart said. A lopper was used to cut the ropes from the seal’s neck.

The entire operation lasted about half an hour, Mr. Hart said.

Once freed from the entanglements, the seal immediately reentered the water, swimming quickly away, Mr. Hart said. He said the seal appeared to be in good condition by the end of the rescue and was swimming normally after being freed.

“Once free, the young seal swam off — looking back towards the beach at her freedom,” the Facebook post said.

“It’s not infrequent that marine life washes up on our beaches,” Mr. Hart said, noting that there have been frequent entanglement incidents.

A deceased humpback whale that appeared to have suffered entanglement injuries washed up on the shore of Norton Point during a storm earlier last fall.

Mr. Hart praised his team of rangers and the Lieutenant Bass for their work in the rescue. “I want to thank my stewardship team for being on the spot, and NOAA and EPO for their support and their timeliness,” he said. “It all worked out great.”