Coast Guard crews at Station Menemsha were kept hopping this weekend, responding to two distress calls from pleasure boats off Martha's Vineyard. One had caught fire, the other was taking on water. No one was injured in either incident.

Early Saturday four people were rescued unharmed from Vineyard Sound by the Coast Guard after their 35-foot pleasure boat had caught fire.

A crew from station Menemsha was dispatched by Coast Guard watchstanders after a distress call came in a 4:43 a.m. Saturday, a press release from southeastern sector New England said. There was a small fire on the Angler, whose home port is in Falmouth, and all four people on board had abandoned ship into an inflatable life raft.

Dewatering equipment deployed aboard Fast Line, 32-foot pleasure craft out of South Yarmouth. — Courtesy USCG south sector New England.

Station Menemsha responded with its 47-foot motor life boat, arriving on the scene at approximately 5 a.m., the Coast Guard said. The four adults were transferred to the rescue boat; no one had been injured. After an inspection, the fire was contained and extinguished by a fire suppression system onboard the vessel.

Angler was later towed to Falmouth by a commercial towing vessel, the Coast Guard said.

In a second incident, Coast Guard crews responded Sunday morning to a pleasure craft taking on water with six people aboard.

Watchstanders received a distress call just before 9 a.m. from a passenger aboard the 32-foot pleasure craft Fast Line, south sector New England said in a press release. All aboard were donning life vests and the boat was making its ways toward the fishing vessel Atlantic Prince.

Marine broadcasts went out seeking mariners in the vicinity that could offer aid, and the 47-foot life boat was dispatched from Station Menemsha, along with an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter from Coast Guard Air Station Cape Cod. Coast Guard crews reached Fast Line about an hour later, and four of the six adults were transferred to the rescue vessel. No one was injured.

Dewatering pumps were deployed, and by early Sunday afternoon Fast Line was being towed to her home port in Bass River, South Yarmouth, the Coast Guard said.