Tisbury volunteer firefighters extinguished a small fire at a home on Lambert’s Cove Road Monday. The homeowner, Janice Blum, called the fire department when she discovered the fire just after noon.
“When we arrived the house was filled with black smoke,” fire chief John Schilling said. “We couldn’t see through the front door of the house.”
Firefighters located the fire in a bedroom inside an antique metal tub with flames spreading up the walls, Chief Schilling said. The fire was contained quickly and confined to the one room, the chief said. “Just smoke and soot. No structural damage. No one got hurt,” he said.
West Tisbury sent a tank truck because there is no water supply in that area, Chief Schilling said.
Tisbury emergency services treated Ms. Blum as a standard precaution in case she had inhaled fumes. Lambert’s Cove Road was blocked off while the fire was extinguished.